Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Year of Living Frugally-Pens, Pencils and Paper, Oh My!



I have a confession. I have a secret obsession with pens. I am a perpetual  note taker. I think it is the writer in me that likes to record everything. I have notebooks and bits of paper all over the place with my jottings. Most of which, only make sense to me.  Despite living in the technical age, and having every computer resource not to mention phone ap,  available for note taking, I still prefer pen and paper.  So this time of year is sort of like Christmas to me, because this is when all the school supplies go on sale.  

August is one of my favorite months, not only because of my birthday, but during this month  I can stock up on notebooks, sticky notes, gel roller-ball pens, markers, paper for the printer, art supplies, envelopes, and pencils.  For no more than $10.00 I can keep myself supplied for the rest of the year, and know that there is always a pen within reach and a notebook handy to scribble in.  Something about a brand new, smooth writing pen, and a fresh notebook makes me all happy inside. Now, I can throw out last years used up, dried out pens without guilt, knowing that I have new pens to take their place, at way below cost.  

Even without kids, this is a great time of year to take advantage of back-to-school savings in other areas, as well. Underwear and socks are at a bargain price right now, not to mention shoes and jeans. August is the one month where it really is ok to splurge now, to save money later.  Summer items are also on clearance, so it is a good time to stock up on shorts, tank tops and swimsuits for next year. 

Yeah, I do love August. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment